Bakehouse Studios has been used for many years for various film and photographic projects.
Please contact the studio on (03) 94171271 or email email@example.com for a quote for filming at Bakehouse Studios. All filming needs written prior permission.
Filming for the following projects have taken place at Bakehouse Studios:
- Paul Kelly ‘Stories of Me’ documentary
- The Cat Empire documentary
- Australian Story (with Jet and Tim Rogers)
- Tex, Tim & Kram (talk show TV pilot)
- ‘Persecution Blues – The Battle for the Tote’ documentary by Natalie Van Den Dungen
- Baz Lurhmann’s 'Australia' - pre-production and rehearsal
- Iain Forsythe and Jane Pollard - filming of 'Do You Love Me Like I Love You?', commissioned by Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds; a 14 part documentary to accompany the re-release of their studio albums.
- Live: An Intimate Video Study of the Art of Performing by Jasmin Tarasin - featuring Warren Ellis, Jimmy Little, Sarah Blasko, Gareth Liddiard, Ron Peno, Clare Bowditch, Dan Kelly and more.
Interview excerpts from this shoot were also used on the Rowland S. Howard documentary ‘Autoluminescent’, filmed by Ghost Pictures (Richard Lowenstein).
The following bands have used our spaces for film clips:
- Augie March – ‘Hole in Your Roof’
- Augie March – 'Lupus'
- Eagle and the Worm – ‘Too Young’
- Eagle and the Worm – ‘Good Times’
- Pearls – ‘Better Off Alone’
- Birdy (UK) – ‘Skinny Love’
- Gossling – ‘Heart Killer’
- Ed Sheeran – ‘Give Me Love’ (live)
- Lilith Lane – ‘Ode To Jessie’
- Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes - Vicious Cycle
- Melody Pool – ‘Xavier’
- Chela – ‘Full Moon’
- Kimbra – ‘Good Intent’
- Oh Mercy – ‘Confessions’
- The Ukeladies – ‘Xanadu’ (Olivia Newton-John cover)
- Amaya Laucirica - 'Found Some Secret'
- Bombay Royale – ‘Karle Pyar Karle’
- Fuck the Fitzroy Doom Scene – ‘Dream’
- Dark Fair – ‘Poison’
- Better Than The Wizards – ‘Lonely Boy’ (Black Keys cover)
- Ghost Orkid – ‘Stones’
- Howlin' Steam Train – ‘Dead Moon Swamp Boogie’
- Plutonic & G. Love – ‘Vibin' Survivin'’
- GMC & Justice & Kaos - promo video
- The Melbourne Component ep 01 - Kate Martin & Bakehouse Studios
- The Hunted Crows – Sniff You Out
Augie March ('Hole in Your Roof' & 'Lupus')
Persecution Blues: The Battle for The Tote (2011) (Natalie Van Den Dungen)
In 2010, the iconic Tote Hotel - last bastion of Melbourne’s vibrant music counterculture - was forced to close by unfair laws. Filmed over 7 years, “Persecution Blues” depicts the struggle of more than 20,000 fans - and the bands who inspire them - to preserve their history and protect their future, and puts the audience on the front line of an epic-scale culture war.